You’ve heard of protein pancakes, and you’ve probably made a few versions that call for protein powders (I’m sorry for those of you who have)…but today I offer you a gluten-free, REAL-FOODS replacement with only FOUR ingredients, that takes hardly any time at all to make!
It’s true — My protein pancakes taste amazing (like actual pancakes) AND you can make them in a single serve blender like the Magic Bullet!
This recipe makes one big serving. It’s perfect for four reasons:
- Made from only 4 REAL FOOD (no supplement powders) ingredients
- Excellent clean, filling breakfast option with plenty of protein.
- Excellent post-workout meal (I can’t tell you how many times I’ve craved these durring a workout knowing I could run home and whip them up and NOT be cheating a clean diet!)
- If you’re like me and accept that you have an “inner fat-kid” who loves big portions and carbs, you’ll love this recipe! It makes one serving, but one serving makes a LOT of pancakes! Pile ‘em high, and enjoy!
- 1/2 c gluten-free Old Fashioned Oats (normally, oats are gluten free, but be sure to check)
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 c 2% (or less) Daisy (or another all natural brand) cottage cheese
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (be sure there is no added corn syrup)
- 2 tsp 100% organic maple syrup
INSTRUCTIONS: SEE PHOTO FOR INDIVIDUAL STEPS (SO EASY)! Or see steps in text below…
- Preheat skillet over medium heat
- In a single serving blender (a regular blender will work too) add egg whites.
- Add oats.
- Add cottage cheese
- Add vanilla extract
- BLEND & POUR into non-stick (or sprayed with non-stick spray) skillet into pancakes.
- Flip when edges start to cook or turn golden (I check them as they cook)
- Drizzle the 2 tsp of maple syrup over pancakes and ENJOY! :)
And just in case you don’t believe me when I say that ALL those pancakes you can make with this recipe can be gobbled up as one serving, check out the nutrition facts:
(Nutrition facts courtesy of the wonderful Livestrong.com ‘My Daily Plate’ application).
If you liked this recipe, share it on Facebook and Twitter now!
YOUR TURN: My question for you: which do you crave more: salt, sweet, sour, or other? Is there a food or a recipe you can’t live without? Tell me in the comments below! :)