Raspberry-Almond Thumbprint Cookies
I love baking, but I usually don’t…because I tend to eat more of what I bake than I should and with all the refined sugar and flour most baked goods require, it’s just not a great thing for anyone, let alone someone who strives to practice what they preach in and out of the kitchen. But then I found these cookies!
They’re made with all real food ingredients, they’re gluten-free and dairy-free (unless you count eggs as dairy), paleo friendly and *almost* vegan (one egg for the whole batch)!! I printed the recipe, dusted off my cookie sheet, and collected myself…I mean, my ingredients. My mouth was already watering.
Raspberry-Almond Thumbprint Cookies
Recipe adapted from Nutrition Stripped
Makes 28 (if dough is measured out as one slightly-heaping tablespoon per cookie)*
- 1/2 c coconut
- 1/3 c honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 T pure vanilla extract
- 2½ c almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- FILLING: Jam of your choice, but I used this Raspberry-Orange-Chia Jam by Nutrition Stripped. It’s perfectly sweet with a hint of tangy-tart. I think it’s perfect for these cookies! (NOTE: I used about 1/2c less berries and I used honey instead of maple syrup). It made enough to fill a mason jar. Here’s what mine came out looking like:
- If you’re using the homemade jam, make it first! If you’re using another jam of your choice, continue… :)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, melt together the coconut oil and honey over medium heat. When liquified, remove from the heat and stir in the beaten egg and vanilla. Pour this mixture into the large mixing bowl with dry ingredients, stir until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted coconut oil with almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough. On a lined baking sheet, arrange the dough 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes, until lightly browned at the edges. When the cookies come out of the oven, immediately push your thumb (or if it’s too hot use a spoon) in the center of each cookie…
- Teaspoon enough jam into the cookies to fill each “thumbprint.”
- Return them to the oven and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for longer storage times. *I found they did better in the fridge. Still delicious both ways, but they were falling apart at room temperature.*
I sent most of these to my parents because I knew after eating one of them I’d attempt to finish them all a little faster than I should…but the rest I rationed (and justified) to one a day as they each have almost a serving of coconut oil (which I try to have a tablespoon a day of anyway). ;)
Nutrition Information for cookies:
Per cookie (x28) without homemade jam: 111.7 cals, 10.2g F, 4.6g C, 2.4 P
Per cookie (x28) with homemade jam filling: 124.4 cal, 10.5g F, 7.2g C, 2.6 P
Nutrition for Raspberry-Orange-Chia Jam:
Total recipe: ~711 cals, 16g F, 144g C, 12g P
I used half the recipe to fill the cookies.
About ~1tsp per cookie: 12.7cals, 0.3g F, 2.6g C, 0.2g P
YOUR TURN: Did you like this recipe? Want more like it? Pinterest the photos and share it with friends! Have an comment, question, or idea for a recipe you’d like to see on CauseFitness.com? Leave it in the comments below!
There are varied remedies. Of course, one of the beautiful place where you can get medicaments is online pharmacy. At present there are other drugs to treat tourette syndrome, depressive disorder or bronchospasm. Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of your blood vessels. Many drugs are used to treat impotence. What about cialis tadalafil buy online and sexual dysfunctions? Presently many patients search for the exact phrase ‘where can i buy cialis online‘ on the Internet. Like all other medicines, Cialis is classified according of it’s main ingredient. In these latter days for men of any age, it can be first sign for grave afflictions, so it’s essential for your overall soundness, not just your sex life, to see a physician if you experience erection dysfunction. Low desire isn’t the same as erectile dysfunction, but a lot of the same points that stifle an erection can also dampen your interest in sex. So if you are experiencing sexual problems, it is significant to see a certified sex therapist forthwith for a complete medical examination. Note that your sex therapist has prescribed Cialis or any other medication because he has judged that the favor to you is biger than the risk of potentially serious side effects. If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to this generic, discuss with your physician.