Bacon-Balsalmic Brussels Sprouts
If I’m at a restaurant and they offer brussels sprouts on their menu I usually order them, because they’re usually prepared something like this: golden and crisp on the outside, and warm, savory and sweet on the inside. I was just at a networking dinner last night and had them again, which inspired me to share this recipe with you.
For those of you who supposedly hate brussels sprouts, I highly encourage you to try them like this. You may just discover that you’ve never actually hated them, you’ve just never had them the right way! ;)
Bacon-Balsalmic Brussels Sprouts
Recipe adapted from InStyle Magazine, November 2015
- 6-8 slices turkey bacon, cut into 1/4″ pieces (or 6 slices regular thick-cut bacon if you’re feeling rebellious)
- 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs small Brussels sprouts, halved
- Sea salt, black or lemon pepper to taste
- 1/3c lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbls balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- In a cast iron skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned but not crisp. Then transfer to a paper towel to soak excess grease.
- Pour off fat (I pour it into a glass jar and freeze it so I can throw it away — if you pour it down the drain it will solidify and clog pipes!), then heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in the skillet. Add half of the Brussels sprouts, cut side down and season with sea salt and pepper of choice. Cook over moderately high heat until browned on the bottom (3-5 minutes) then transfer to a plate. Repeat with the other half of the olive oil and Brussels sprouts.
- Return browned Brussels sprouts to the skillet, add 1/2c water, cover, and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender (5-7 minutes).
- Stir in chopped bacon, lemon juice, and garlic; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vinegar; season with sea salt and pepper of choice.
- Transfer to a serving plate/bowl, garnish with thyme, serve and enjoy!
I hope you love these as much as I do — it’s a easy to get more servings of veggies down when you actually enjoy eating them! ;)
YOUR TURN: Did you like this post? Please share it using the social media buttons below. What’s your favorite vegetable? Do you have a favorite recipe? I want to hear from you! Please tell me in the comments below!
There are varied remedies. Of course, one of the beautiful place where you can get medicaments is online pharmacy. At present there are other drugs to treat tourette syndrome, depressive disorder or bronchospasm. Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of your blood vessels. Many drugs are used to treat impotency. What about cialis tadalafil buy online and sexual dysfunctions? Presently many patients search for the exact phrase ‘where can i buy cialis online‘ on the Internet. Like all other medicines, Cialis is classified according of it’s main element. In these latter days for men of any age, it can be first sign for grave afflictions, so it’s essential for your overall health, not just your sex being, to see a doctor if you experience hard-on disfunction. Low will isn’t the same as erectile dysfunction, but a lot of the same points that stifle an hard-on can also dampen your interest in sex. So if you are experiencing sexual problems, it is significant to see a certified sex therapist forthwith for a complete medicinal examination. Note that your sex therapist has prescribed Cialis or any other treatment because he has judged that the favor to you is biger than the risk of potentially serious side effects. If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to this generic, discuss with your physician.