Welcome back to CauseFitness.com! Get excited! I’ve got more A’s to your Q’s…
Derrière, tush, bottom, backside, rump, bum, donkey, pooper, booty, bubble or whatever you call it…
I’ve had a lot of questions about training your Glutes lately, so I wanted to spend a little time focusing on our favorite rear view.
The main questions were:
How do you get a round butt?
What are the best exercises for training the glutes?
First of all, you have to understand that if you have extra ‘stored energy’ (aka, body fat) there’s a good chance it’s hangin’ out on your backside and hips (especially if you’re of the female persuasion: women naturally tend to carry more body fat around hips, butt, and stomach than men). This is one of the reasons you don’t have the butt of your dreams.
Even if you lose the body fat covering your precious assets, if you’re not training to build muscle in the lower body regions, there’s a good chance (unless genetics blessed you with some strong and powerful hindquarters) you may find yourself suffering from “Noasatal” (translation: ‘no a** at all’ or ‘flat butt’ or ‘pancake butt’, etc.) and you’ll have to start working hard for some curve.
That said, no matter what your current ‘condition’, you’ll still want to consider adding some glute specific training to your current workout routine, because your bum muscles are some of your body’s most important muscles for movement, hip stabilization, and overall strength.
A little more info about your bum…
These three muscles make up your backside’s shape and are responsible for most of the to-and-fro movement you do every day, as well as joint stabilization of the knees, hips and back. Your glutes and leg muscles are the largest muscles in your body and so they also have the potential to help you get in great physical shape, fast.
However, we’re specifically talking about how to create the best butt possible and that may not be as fast as you’d like, but with the proper direction and training, you’ll be well on your way.
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR BUTT (with the your goal being: shapely, curvey, round, firm and lifted):
There are a few things you’ll need to include in your fitness routine:
- CLEAN nutrition to fuel your fitness goals and BUILD muscle (My new ‘ladies only’ ebook program, ‘Thispo to Fitspo’ has a progressive 4 phase meal plan system for this purpose)
- HEAVY lifting using exercises that target your gluteal muscles
- STRETCH daily to lengthen the muscles (and to build more) and avoid injury
Let’s assume, for the sake of the post focus today, that you’ve got nutrition down, but you need to know how to target the glutes in your
Here are some of the BEST BUTT EXERCISES you should be incorporating into your workouts:
*Press your weight down through your HEEL to better target glutes and protect your knees in most leg exercises
- Wide Stance Squats (the deeper the better)
- Walking and/or Stationary Lunges (the deeper the better, and keep a 90 degree angle in both knees)
- Step ups
- Single leg squats (back leg on a bench or step)
- Donkey Kickbacks (Hip Extensions with cable or ankle weights)
- Sumo/Plié Squats
- Single Leg Deadlift
Here are video demonstrations of the above mentioned exercises in order.
*Try sets of 8-12 each (or ea. leg) for maximal butt-building-benefit!
1. Wide Stance Squats (the deeper the better)
2. Walking and/or Stationary Lunges (the deeper the better, and keep a 90 degree angle in both knees)
3. Step ups: For this video, they demo a step up with a knee raise, which isn’t necessary. Just step up and step back down with control.
4. Single leg squats (back leg on a bench or step): For this video, the exercise is shown to isolate with slow movement without weight. Try it with weight, for repetitions.
5. Donkey Kicks/ Kick Backs (Hip Extensions with cable or ankle weights)
6. Sumo/Plié Squats
7. Single Leg Deadlift (Keep chest up, shoulders back, core engaged, and weight in heel of standing leg)
REMEMBER: These exercises will do you the most good in the least amount of time when you are eating clean, to fuel muscle building (See: How many calories do you need?), and stretching/rolling (See: What is SMFR Foam Rolling? and When is the best time to stretch?)
Want to build a shelf booty without bulking up your legs? I created my ‘Thispo to Fitspo’ program just for you! It’s a 12 week natural curve building program that includes 4 phases of training, 4 phases of nutrition protocol explained in detail in easy to follow meal plans, and more! Get yours HERE!
Here’s to your best butt yet! #bootywork ;)
#CauseFitness – Rachel Elizabeth Murray
There are varied remedies. Of course, one of the beautiful place where you can get medicaments is online pharmacy. At present there are other drugs to treat tourette syndrome, depressive disorder or bronchospasm. Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of your blood vessels. Many drugs are used to treat emasculation. What about cialis tadalafil buy online and sexual dysfunctions? Presently many patients search for the exact phrase ‘where can i buy cialis online‘ on the Internet. Like all other medicines, Cialis is classified according of it’s main element. In these latter days for men of any age, it can be first sign for grave afflictions, so it’s essential for your overall heartiness, not just your sex existence, to see a doctor if you experience erection dysfunction. Low desire isn’t the same as erectile disfunction, but a lot of the same points that stifle an hard-on can also dampen your interest in sex. So if you are experiencing sexual problems, it is significant to see a certified sex therapist forthwith for a complete medical examination. Note that your sex therapist has prescribed Cialis or any other therapy because he has judged that the favor to you is biger than the risk of potentially serious side effects. If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to this generic, discuss with your physician.