I know I’m not the only one who’s mouth is watering after just reading the title of this post…and I’ve already made them and tried them!
Ok, so I know what you’re thinking. How could any brownie, and chocolate brownie no less, be ‘guilt-free’?
These aren’t just any brownies! They’re high protein, and full of healthy fats. They’re made with all REAL foods (even the protein is gmo-free, real, and clean!) and they’re totally #CauseFitnessApproved!
I gave you an ‘anytime’ and a ‘post workout’ recipe option. I prefer the ‘post workout’ option, but it’s up to you!
Rachel Elizabeth’s Guilt-Free Brownies
- 4 egg whites
- 2sc Gnarly Chiseled Chocolate Whey Protein (Gmo-free, grass-fed, New Zealand whey) (For 15% off, use coupon code ‘CauseFitness’)
- 2T unsweetened cocoa
- 2pkts stevia
- 1/2 can organic pumpkin (trust me on this one, you won’t taste it)
- 1/2T coconut oil
- 2T creamy almond butter
- 1/2t baking powder
- 1/4c 60% cocoa chocolate chips (I like Ghiradelli) *optional: for post workout version*
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 8x8 baking pan with non-stick spray (I like Trader Joes coconut oil spray oil).
- In a large magic bullet mixing cup (a bowl with a mixer works too), add all ingredients in order given (egg whites first, etc.).
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips *optional: for post workout version*, pour into pan.
- Bake for 20 min, remove and let cool for 10 min.
- Cut into 4 or 6 equal sized brownies (see nutrition facts for serving options below).
- Top with plain, non-fat greek yogurt and sifted cocoa powder for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
NUTRITION FACTS (compliments of livestrong.com/myplate):
ANYTIME (w/o chocolate chips):
Total: 561 cals, 30.4F — 32C — 50.4P
Per 1/4: 140.25 cals, 7.6F — 8C — 12.6P
Per 1/6: 93.5 cals, 5.06F — 5.3C — 8.4P
POST-WORKOUT (with chocolate chips):
Total: 801 cals, 48.4F — 56C — 53.4P
Per 1/4: 200.25 cals, 12.1F — 14C — 13.35P
Per 1/6: 133.5 cals, 8.06F — 9.3C — 8.9P
Like this recipe? Share it now with the social media buttons below!
YOUR TURN: What is your favorite dessert? Share in the comments below!
As always, be sure to subscribe to our email updates for your FREE copy of ‘The Fit Life Basics’ and to be notified of future posts!