Sunny Day Ceviche!
Today’s clean M.O.M. recipe was inspired by the weekend’s festivities (Cinqo De Mayo), and the ::gasp!:: SUN that Seattle let out to play!
With the Fiesta Flare in the air, I’m sharing a ‘party sized’ summer time favorite, eat-clean style!
Be sure to read the instructions carefully, as it does take some pre-party prep. Oh, and don’t worry. You don’t have to have to share any of it if you don’t want to. Just make it and store it to enjoy nice cold, protein packed meals all week long!
I hope you all had a fun and relaxing ‘Cinqo’ this weekend (By the way, it was also my parent’s 33rd Anniversary–so amazing and such an inspiration to couples everywhere. I love you M+P! Congratulations on 33 seemingly perfect years of love and respect, devotion and grace!).
- 3 c fresh lime juice
- 2 lbs fresh large shrimp (peeled and deveined, and sliced or ‘butterflied’)
- 2 jalapeño chile peppers (or 1 habanero if you like it HOT), stemmed and chopped finely
- 4 plum tomatos, chopped and cored
- 1/2 red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 c cilantro and stems, chopped (save a few sprigs for garnish!) :)
- 2–3 avocados, peeled, pitted, diced
- 1–2 tsp sea salt
- MARINATE: Toss together lime juice, shrimp, peppers, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro in large bowl. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours minimum.
- GARNISH AND ENJOY: Before serving, add avocados and cilantro springs, and maybe a sliced lime or two :)
SERVES 10 (Approx. nutrition per serving: 150–200 cals, 8-10g fat, 20g protein, 15g carbs)
ALLERGEN INFO: sugar-free (except natural sugars from lime/tomato), gluten-free, pescetarian, dairy-free, soy-free
<—And in celebration of the holiday and my parents long and happy marriage, why not enjoy a little ‘skinny’ beverage with me! Everything in moderation. Be well my friends! ;)
Now, I want to know: Did you make any ‘clean’ but amazing fiesta worthy dishes or sides that would go well with a Ceviche like this? Or at least would complement the Mexican theme? Did you like this post?
Please let me know, and share your recipes in the comments below! Also, be sure to email subscribe before you leave so that we can continue to share and Cause Fitness!