Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
I love pizza but I can’t have more than a teeny bit of dairy or gluten without feeling sorry for it, if you know what I mean, so when my mom sent me this #CauseFitnessApproved recipe she found for pizza crust made from cauliflower and goat cheese, I was pumped! You won’t taste the cauliflower at all!
Side note: Goats milk doesn’t have the same negative digestive effect real cow’s milk does. It’s easier for sensitive stomachs to digest because it has less lactose and a chemical structure similar to that of breast milk. Go goats, go! :) Also, try not to think about the ingredients taking away from the taste. Once it’s cooked, aside from a difference in texture, the end result is an awesome alternative to traditional pizza crust. Very pizza-y.
Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
Adapted from All-recipes.com version
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2oz goat cheese
- 1/2oz grated parmesan (optional)
- 1-2 large eggs
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or chili powder to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Puree cauliflower in food processor until finely ground.
- Cook ground cauliflower, water, and sea salt in a skillet over med-high heat until most of the water evaporates (5-6min), then cool completely.
- Transfer mixture to the center of a clean dishtowel or cheese cloth, wrap, and squeeze to remove all excess water/moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower mixture, goat cheese, cheese (optional), egg and spice(s) until it forms a dough.
- Press dough into a circle in the center of the baking sheet (about 1/4in thick).
- Bake until golden brown and set (about 40 min).
- Cool and turn crust over before topping (top as you would any pizza, but I’ve left you a few suggestions below).*
- After adding sauce and toppings of choice*, place under a broiler on high for 3-5 minutes, or until golden and bubbly, OR bake for 10-15 minutes more in oven until golden and bubbly.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes for the crust to solidify. Cut and serve and ENJOY!!!
NUTRITION FACTS (whole crust, with 1 egg + parmesan, before topping) :
Calories: 480, Fat: 23g, Carb: 16g, Protein: 36.7g
Courtesy of Livestrong.com’s ‘MyPlate’
*HOW TO TOP YOUR PIZZA:
You could get some ideas from this article I found, “200 Calorie Pizza Toppings,” from Cooking Light, or get creative!
Here’s a list of topping ideas (I added some of my own but most of them I found from The Gracious Pantry and I added links to her recipes for clean pizza sauces):
- clean pizza sauce
- clean pesto sauce
- cooked chicken, shredded or cut into small pieces
- cooked ground turkey
- cooked bison or lean ground beef
- basil (best put on AFTER the pizza is cooked)
If you love pizza you may also like this recipe I posted for Healthy Chicken Pesto Pizza!
I usually share a new or an old favorite recipe every week, so subscribe to my email updates! I wouldn’t want you to miss out! :)
YOUR TURN: What are your favorite pizza toppings? Tell me in the comments below!
There are varied remedies. Of course, one of the beautiful place where you can get medicaments is online pharmacy. At present there are other drugs to treat tourette syndrome, depressive disorder or bronchospasm. Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of your blood vessels. Many drugs are used to treat impotency. What about cialis tadalafil buy online and sexual dysfunctions? Presently many patients search for the exact phrase ‘where can i buy cialis online‘ on the Internet. Like all other medicines, Cialis is classified according of it’s main ingredient. In these latter days for men of any age, it can be first sign for grave afflictions, so it’s essential for your overall health, not just your sex existence, to see a doctor if you experience erection dysfunction. Low will isn’t the same as erectile dysfunction, but a lot of the same points that stifle an erection can also dampen your interest in sex. So if you are experiencing sexual problems, it is significant to see a certified sex therapist forthwith for a complete medicinal examination. Note that your sex therapist has prescribed Cialis or any other curing because he has judged that the favor to you is biger than the risk of potentially serious side effects. If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to this generic, discuss with your physician.