*Before you read this, I want to be clear that is NOT a new-age, psychedelic, snake-oil definition of holistic. The term ‘Holistic’ simply means ‘all encompassing’. Hopefully, you understand by now that at CauseFitness.com online, and in real-life, we’re not afraid to get dirty, throw some serious iron around the gym, we’re not about starvation diets, and we relish the idea that it takes real hard-core challenge to create lasting change. No wussies making daisy-chains singing kum-by-ya over here (…although you could argue those activities as part of your emotional and meditative health…I digress).
Those of you who know anything about my brand, Cause Fitness, know that it’s all about a holistic approach to health.
I’m truly passionate about helping the world see fitness as more than just exercise. If you are truly ‘fit’, you’re fit in every aspect of life and living. Including but not limited to:
- Regular resistance training and cardio for heart health
- Real foods nutrition for optimal bodily function and body composition
- All-natural supplementation to ‘fill-in the holes’ your real food consumption is leaving out (i.e. protein, fish oil, multivitamin/minerals, etc.)
- Regularly getting enough sleep for muscle recovery, tissue repair, cell re-generation, protein synthesis, stress relief, etc.
- Staying fully hydrated for cell health, performance and bodily function
- Daily flexibility exercises to improve posture, relieve tension and stress, optimize training effects, etc.
- Healthy grooming habits/personal hygiene: hair, skin, nails, teeth, etc…
- Healthy relational, mental, emotional and spiritual health
ACTION STEP: These should seem obvious (hopefully…), but how would you rank your health in each of these categories on a scale of 1–10?
If you fall below a 5 in any of the categories (think about it) is it because you are making excuses like ‘time’, or you really enjoy being un-healthy, or is it because you lack the resources?
My objective with Cause Fitness as a brand has always been educational and inspirational. I want to give you the resources, and then inspire you to take action. There are a few categories in which I actually already offer personal services. For example:
- Resistance training and cardio: I offer personal training, online training, nutrition coaching and a ombination of all of these services if needed. I also offer a more economical option for those needing to lose weight and get stronger, leaner, and healthier in my e-book programs for men and women. Read more here. And, there are learning resources in the ‘blog’ section of this site too!
- Real-foods nutrition: I have free resources for learning how and what to eat, how much, and when — all on this site! See the following links: How many calories you should eat daily, what is metabolism, nutrition 101, DIY meal plan, grocery list, and more in the ‘blog’ section. Just browse away! :)
- Supplementation: I am always on the hunt for a perfect nutritional supplement line to recommend, but for now I have no specific suggestions. I want you to know that if I start ‘representing’ or endorsing a brand, that it’s because I believe in the product integrity and I would recommend it to family, and wouldn’t be afraid to use it myself. That means no artificial sweeteners and nothing harmful in the product.
- Hydration: Drinking enough water is tough, yes, but it has unlimited benefits to health, wellbeing and athletic performance. I’ve actually found a company that lines up with the more advanced hydration benefits I’ve researched too! I HIGHLY recommend drinking ionized, alkaline water for optimal health and benefits beyond hydration, like reverse aging and cell-regeneration (extreme positive results in cancer patients and recovery have been seen time and time again). I recently agreed to represent a phenomenal company called Alkame Water. They’re patented as the only stabilized ionized, alkaline, antioxidant, oxygenated bpa-free bottled water on the market and they’re officially launching their first big marketing campaign in January! They’ll be available in Albertson’s and other grocery stores, but you can find them online for the time being. My grandpa (going through Chemo therapy for cancer) is now drinking 2–3 bottles a day.
- Hygiene: While I can’t say I know how to make you floss daily, I can give you a resource for skincare. As with supplementation, I am very cautious with what I recommend. It has to be all-natural and organic. It has to have scientifically proven benefits, and ideally those results would be visible quickly. Now while I’m still in search of the best cleanser and moisturizer, I am thrilled to say I found a night cream that exceeds my expectations. It’s labeled benefit is“Age Defying” but the truth is, it’s benefits far surpass reverse aging. You can find out all about it and purchase it for yourself here.
As for the other pieces of the puzzle, as listed above, my promise to you has been and will always be to provide you with the latest scientific and fact based resources and education to help your reach your absolute potential in health and wellness. I want you all to be so healthy from the inside out that everyone you know asks you what you’ve done, so together we can build a worldwide community based on Fitness for Effect™, which is what Cause Fitness™ is all about.
Thank you for being awesome, and inspiring ME to keep truckin’. This mission is enormous. It’s so much bigger than me, and I can’t do it without your support, but I will never give up. So, cheers! Let’s be the change. Let’s all #CauseFitness!
Follow my social media for daily updates, inspiration, motivation, and a glimpse into my personal day to day life!
And just so we aren’t getting too serious, here’s a photo of me with a hair mustache. Because humor is healthy. Enjoy that.
YOUR TURN: If you found this helpful, please SHARE IT with friends using the social media buttons, and use the comments box below to let me know what other resources you’d like to know about in regards to “The Fit Life”.