One of my favorite pieces of kitchen equipment is my slow-cooker crockpot. I love it for cooking whole chickens and pulled pork, but until last week I completely forgot I could make breakfast with it! When I pulled it out to make a pot of steel cut oats oatmeal, it was so good I just had to share it with you! I mean, who doesn’t love a nutritious breakfast that are *magically* waiting for you hot and ready in the morning with little to no prep the night before? Enjoy!
Overnight Oatmeal: Slow Cooker Steel-Cut Oats
This is such an easy recipe, a toddler could make it! :) Feel free to modify after the ‘base’ is made.
Makes 10-12 servings! (1 serving is 1 cup cooked)
If I make this at the beginning of the week I have a ready-made breakfast every day!
- 2 c Steel cut oats
- 6 c Water
- 2 c Unsweetened almond milk (I used unsweetened almond-coconut milk)
- 2-4 tbls unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/4 c Coconut sugar (I didn’t measure mine but it was probably a little less than 1/4) – feel free to sub out for brown sugar. I just really love coconut everything!
- 1-2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tbls Cinnamon
- Optional: You can experiment with adding vanilla protein powder to the pot.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking oil (I used coconut oil, surprise surprise…) or brush with cooking oil to prevent sticking.
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker bowl. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Voila! Set it before bed, sleep a solid 7-8, wake up and breakfast* is ready and waiting!
*Note: As oatmeal is primarily a carbohydrate source, I added a side of scrambled egg whites and one whole egg (5:1) for my breakfast protein source.
Hope you like this recipe as much as I do! Have a great week and #CauseFitness!
Did you like this recipe? Please share it with friends using the social media buttons, or pin on Pinterest!
YOUR TURN: Do you have a favorite time-saving breakfast recipe? Please share it or a link to it in the comments below!
There are varied remedies. Of course, one of the beautiful place where you can get medicaments is online pharmacy. At present there are other drugs to treat tourette syndrome, depressive disorder or bronchospasm. Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of your blood vessels. Many drugs are used to treat impotence. What about cialis tadalafil buy online and sexual dysfunctions? Presently many patients search for the exact phrase ‘where can i buy cialis online‘ on the Internet. Like all other medicines, Cialis is classified according of it’s main ingredient. In these latter days for men of any age, it can be first sign for grave afflictions, so it’s essential for your overall health, not just your sex life, to see a doctor if you experience erection malfunction. Low wish isn’t the same as erectile malfunction, but a lot of the same points that stifle an hard-on can also dampen your interest in sex. So if you are experiencing sexual problems, it is significant to see a certified sex therapist forthwith for a complete medical examination. Note that your sex therapist has prescribed Cialis or any other therapy because he has judged that the favor to you is biger than the risk of potentially serious side effects. If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to this generic, discuss with your physician.