Private Personal Fitness Training for Effect in Los Angeles
SouthBay Performance Fitness:
Available on-location, on-set, travel, tour, and in-home.*
*Consultation required. Contact to inquire/schedule. Serious inquiries only. Client privacy strictly protected.
Goal Oriented. Success Motivated.
Your success is my success. My clients are the reason I do what I do:
‘…I’m in the best shape of my life and I owe much of it to you…’ -Paul G.-
‘…There is no price tag you can put on how that feels!…’ -Bridget S.-
What I can do for you:
- Meet you where you’re at. I don’t expect anyone to be a professional athlete overnight.
- Work with YOUR goals. I will always do my best to program your workouts according to science and health, but also to get to your goals, not some preconceived idea of what I think your goals should be.
- Establish healthy, maintainable habits that create a healthy lifestyle, rather than forcing you to change everything you do all at once. Compliance takes change in baby-steps. No one can change everything they’re used to doing overnight.
- Educate you on the proper form/bio-mechanics, nutrition, planning, exercises, stretches, and cardio to make your goals a reality. I want you to learn enough to be able to safely and effectively continue a fit and healthy lifestyle on your own even after you get to your goals. I want you to not need me anymore.
What should I expect if I work with you?
- I work with body-types and personal goals to customize progressive, periodized, functional-meets-traditional, challenging, & effective training programs per client.
- When training with me, expect to use resistance equipment (ie. cables, barbells, machines, stability balls, kettlebells, etc.)
- Men and Women lift weights: Form is essential, but anyone who wants results needs to be doing some kind of resistance training. Ladies, worried about getting “bulky”? Read this: Women & Weights. That said, I work with YOUR goals. “Heavy” is always relative to the client’s experience and ability and sets, reps, rest, and progression is all customized based on client’s goals.
- After taking your personal limitations and goals into account, your program will start to meet and progress you from where you’re currently at in ability and experience, and will continue to progress from there.
- Training splits will vary depending on number of days you’re training with me, your goals, and number of days you can train on your own without me.
- Cardio schedules are prescribed based on your fitness and physique goals after your resistance training and nutrition recommendations, in order of priority.
What do your personal workouts consist of?
- My own training progresses every week just like my client’s programs. I stay consistent with my training schedule, but change variables often such as volume, type of resistance, intensity, etc. I usually change my goals 1-2x a year as well, taking at least 1-2 weeks off training between.
- I train like an athlete because I personally love the physiques of athletes. My personal ideal body is a combination of a sprinter, a surfer, a volleyball player and a yogi. I do everything from traditional olympic lifts, to high intensity cardio and plyometrics, to yoga, and do a variety of sports and recreational activities (swimming, hiking, running, biking, etc).*
*My goals are my goals. I do not assume they are yours as well. I train my clients based on their goals and abilities with ‘sustainable progress’ always being the name of the game.
- ONLINE OPTIONS: VIRTUAL TRAINING, TRAINING + MEAL PLANS, & EBOOKS, SKYPE CONSULTS
- PRIVATE SESSIONS: SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
My personal progress and transformation:
By applying my knowledge and making a habit of challenging resistance training, cardio, stretching and eating clean, I have dropped and maintained my body fat more than 10% since Junior year of college and I’m in the best shape of my life! I now maintain within 3-5 pounds of my show weight by practicing what I preach.
I’m passionate about eating right to achieve and maintain my fitness goals, to provide my body with the nutrients it needs for energy, a healthy immune system, and a life of good health. What you put in your body (what, how much, how often) will make or break your fitness goals.
Yes, regular exercise is essential, but let’s be honest. You’re likely only getting 1-6 hours of sweat-sessions per week. So what’s going on during the other 165 hours? Life! (Eating, socializing, work, stress, etc.) – Nutrition is a KEY element to any physical goal.
That said, fitness should also be FUN! — Find your passion or what gets you excited and motivated to move! Start thinking about what your fitness goals are, but more importantly, why do you want to get there? Clarity in the ‘why’ gives you more power in your dedication and keeps you motivated.
As for my athletic background, here are just a few sports I have and do participate in recreationally or competitively:
- Snowboarding, yoga, pilates, weight lifting, sprinting, plyometrics, running, mountain biking/cycling, soccer, swimming, camping, horseback riding, boating, wake-boarding, rock climbing, hiking, surfing, kayaking, and more. I love to try anything new. Next on the list to try: Paddle boarding!
- My most recent new sport accomplishment: Skydiving – Nov 17th, 2012!
- I’m a member of the NPC and have competed and placed as Nationally qualified in both the Figure, and Bikini divisions. I would like to pursue a Pro card in the Bikini division this fall as a personal competitive goal and hobby.
- Newest Adventure: I just moved from Seattle, WA to Los Angeles, CA! Hello Sunshine!
Contact now to inquire about availability and rates, or to schedule a consultation.
And finally, but most importantly, I thank God for His grace, and the gifts of talent and opportunity as well as drive and motivation He has blessed me with. Always remember…