Instead of simply sharing one recipe with multiple steps for one meal, I wanted to share with you how to make nutritious quick meals that “Get-The-Job-Done”.
A ‘Get-The-Job-Done’ meal meets the following requirements:
- You can throw the entire meal together in a ‘to-go’ dish in less than 5 min*
- Includes lean protein
- Gives you energy
- Keeps you full for 2-3 hours (until your next meal)
*Requires some planning ahead and cooking in bulk, but when that’s done, it’s super fast!
Following my DIY Meal Plan, it’s super easy to choose any of the following “GTJD” meals to fill in the spaces! :)
Prepare any or all of the following ‘proteins’ to keep in sealed tupperware or zip-lock bags in your fridge:
- Baked boneless, skinless chicken breast: *seasoned how ever you’d like *(I like to season with Mrs. Dash lemon pepper or fiesta lime seasoning and slice it up right after baking to make it super easy to grab, measure and go)
- Baked or cooked white fish or tuna (white fish: cod, tilapia, roughy, etc.): *seasoned how ever you’d like
- 99% fat-free turkey breast (ground or filleted/sliced)
- Super lean red meats (93% ground beef, skirt or flank steak are all great options, and even better: grass fed, and/or wild game meat)
You’ll also want to have whey protein and eggs on hand. I like to hard-boil eggs to keep in the fridge too for grab-n-go protein. EASY! :)
How-To Hard-Boil Eggs:
- Carefully place uncooked eggs in a pot (don’t crack the shells!)
- Fill pot with enough water to cover the eggs
- Place on stove on high heat and cook until water boils
- As soon as the water boils, remove the pot from heat and let sit for 15 min
- Carefully remove eggs with spoon and place in colander and rinse with cool water
- Store in refrigerator! :)
- **Brown rice
- **Yams (cooked): wrap in paper towel and cook in microwave for 4-6 min (longer if not cooked through in 4-6 min)
- ANY GREEN VEGGIE (I like to keep kale, spinach, broccoli, peppers, asparagus, green beans and brussel sprouts on hand and ready to eat*).
*Ready to eat veggies are washed, chopped, easy to grab-and-go or grab to steam and eat, or pre-cooked and ready to reheat or eat cold.
**Other complex carbs/starches to have on hand: old-fashioned oats, Ezekiel bread/tortillas, beans, etc. See my grocery list for more ideas.
Be sure to have healthy fats on hand:
- Nut butters
AFTER ALL ITEMS ARE PREPARED, IT’S EASY TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING MEALS WHEN YOU NEED THEM OR AHEAD OF TIME TO TAKE WITH YOU FOR WORK OR PLAY:
Meal Ideas (Carb for energy)
1) 3-4oz chicken, 1/2c brown rice (or quinoa), 1 c broccoli (or other green veggie)
2) 3-4oz tuna, 3-5oz yams (i like them mashed together to hide the tuna taste and make it a sweet ‘mash’)
3) 3-4oz turkey, 2 slices ezekiel bread or 1 ezekiel tortilla, with mustard and/or salsa
4) 4-6 egg whites, salsa, spinach, and 1/2c oatmeal with stevia and cinnamon
…or any combo of the above ‘proteins’ with any of the above ‘carbs’ and feel free to have as many ‘green-leafies’ as you’d like :)
Meal Ideas (Fats for energy)
1) Big green salad of spinach, romaine, shredded cabbage and kale with 3-4oz chicken, or 4-6 egg whites, and 1T EVOO with 1T vinegar of choice (I like red wine, apple cider, rice wine (no sugar), and balsamic)
2) Steamed green beans and asparagus with 12-24 almonds and 3-4oz flank steak
3) Lemon-pepper seasoned and steamed asaparagus, 1/2 avocado, and 4-6oz orange roughy (or other white fish)
These are just a few ideas, but they’re all fast, pre-prepareable, and easy to make in bulk for planned left-overs!
I hope this helps you! It’s super easy to keep up with clean, healthy eating if you know what to make that’s easy, and you can easily take it with you and plan ahead. More ideas:
- Get a cooler and take meals to work with you
- Plan ahead for social events and eat before you go
- If you know you’ll be gone for hours at a time (sporting events, kid obligations, a day trip/hiking/etc.) bring a cooler full of pre-made items and chopped veggies, almonds in baggies, protein powder with a shaker you can just pour water into and mix, etc. so you’re never left with an excuse! :)
Now eat clean, train mean, and #CauseFitness!
Much love, Rachel Elizabeth
*Don’t forget to sign up for email notifications (you’ll get a free copy of my “Fit Life Basics” pdf), and if you liked this, please share it!
Do you have any FAST and EASY meal ideas to share that are healthy, clean and taste great too? Share them below!
There are varied remedies. Of course, one of the beautiful place where you can get medicaments is online pharmacy. At present there are other drugs to treat tourette syndrome, depressive disorder or bronchospasm. Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of your blood vessels. Many drugs are used to treat impotence. What about cialis tadalafil buy online and sexual dysfunctions? Presently many patients search for the exact phrase ‘where can i buy cialis online‘ on the Internet. Like all other medicines, Cialis is classified according of it’s main ingredient. In these latter days for men of any age, it can be first sign for grave afflictions, so it’s essential for your overall soundness, not just your sex breath, to see a doctor if you experience hard-on malfunction. Low desire isn’t the same as erectile dysfunction, but a lot of the same points that stifle an erection can also dampen your interest in sex. So if you are experiencing sexual problems, it is significant to see a certified sex therapist forthwith for a complete medic examination. Note that your sex therapist has prescribed Cialis or any other curing because he has judged that the favor to you is biger than the risk of potentially serious side effects. If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to this generic, discuss with your physician.