A lovely little clean entree recipe idea from Bon Appétit! Great idea for lunch because of the excellent complex carbohydrates yams provide! YUM.
Chicken Stir-fry with Yams, Red Cabbage, and Hoisin
Bon Appétit | February 2009
by The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Sweet-and-spicy hoisin sauce is available in the Asian foods section of many supermarkets and at Asian markets.*
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Active Time: 40 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil, divided
- 2 yams (red-skinned sweet potatoes; about 1 pound), peeled, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick rounds, then cut into 1/3-inch-wide strips
- 1 medium-size red onion, cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 8 ounces skinless boneless chicken cutlets, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups 1/3-inch-thick strips sliced red cabbage (about 1/4 medium head)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce (*sub Bragg’s Liquid Aminos for a healthier/gluten-free option)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add yams and onion; stir-fry until yams are just tender, adjusting heat if browning too quickly and adding water by tablespoonfuls if mixture is dry, about 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet.
- Add chicken, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add cabbage; stirfry until chicken is cooked through and cabbage is wilted but still slightly crunchy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in hoisin sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix in 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Transfer stir-fry to serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Per serving: 265.0 (kcal) calories, 29.6 % calories from fat, 9.0 g fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 31.7 mg cholesterol, 32.6 g carbohydrates, 5.6 g dietary fiber, 13.4 g total sugars, 27.0 g net carbohydrates, 15.2 g protein
Nutritional analysis provided by Bon Appétit
There are varied remedies. Of course, one of the beautiful place where you can get medicaments is online pharmacy. At present there are other drugs to treat tourette syndrome, depressive disorder or bronchospasm. Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of your blood vessels. Many drugs are used to treat impotence. What about cialis tadalafil buy online and sexual dysfunctions? Presently many patients search for the exact phrase ‘where can i buy cialis online‘ on the Internet. Like all other medicines, Cialis is classified according of it’s main ingredient. In these latter days for men of any age, it can be first sign for grave afflictions, so it’s essential for your overall soundness, not just your sex living, to see a doctor if you experience hard-on dysfunction. Low wish isn’t the same as erectile dysfunction, but a lot of the same points that stifle an erection can also dampen your interest in sex. So if you are experiencing sexual problems, it is significant to see a certified sex therapist forthwith for a complete medic examination. Note that your sex therapist has prescribed Cialis or any other medication because he has judged that the favor to you is biger than the risk of potentially serious side effects. If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to this generic, discuss with your physician.