Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh….I love pasta!
I’m sure I’m not alone here. (Can I get an “amen”!?!)
Pasta has been a favorite cross-cultural entree for-ev-er. But, as a health and body-composition conscious person (which I’m assuming you are if you’re reading this), unless it’s eaten according to proper portion size (which is sadly, and surprisingly tiny when you actually measure it out), immediately after a workout, or first thing in the morning for breakfast (Buddy the Elf wouldn’t argue, as long as it was covered in syrup!), it’s too simple a carb, and too high in calories, to justify most days. Saaaaaaad face.
(Dang that was a lot!)
Fortunately, I have a quality substitute for you, and being a pasta lover, I can honestly say it’s a very good replacement and satisfies serious carb cravings.
Ladies, and Gentlemen, may I introduce to you… Spaghetti Squash!!
What is Spaghetti Squash??
This is what Wikipedia had to say about it:
The spaghetti squash (Cucurbita pepo var. fastigata) (also called vegetable spaghetti, noodle squash, vegetable marrow, spaghetti marrow, andsquaghetti) is an oblong seed-bearing variety of winter squash. The fruit can range either from ivory to yellow or orange in color. The orange varieties have a higher carotene content. Its center contains many large seeds. Its flesh is bright yellow or orange. When raw, the flesh is solid and similar to other raw squash; when cooked, the flesh falls away from the fruit in ribbons or strands like spaghetti. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti_squash)
Excited yet? You should be, cause I’m giving you a super simple, but de-licious recipe to try today, so you can experience this low-carb wonder too!
Spaghetti Squash with Turkey Meatsauce
- Spaghetti squash (size is up to you and how many mouths you need to feed)
- 1 pkg 99% fat free ground turkey (if you’re vegan or vegetarian, just leave this out and get your protein elsewhere)
- 1 jar Organic Tomato Basil Marinara (I use the one from Trader Joes – it’s low cal, and lower sodium than many!)
- 1 TBLS (per serving) grated parmesan cheese
- Optional but recommended: Green veggie of your choice as a side (or a salad)
- Cut the squash in half (lengthwise) and remove seeds (like a pumpkin)
- Bake, rind side up, flesh down:
- Bake at 375 for 30-40min, or…
- Place in a microwave-safe dish
- Add 1/4c water and cover
- Cook for 8-10 min
- Prepare turkey and sauce while squash is baking.
- On stovetop, cook turkey in skillet (with non-stick spray) over low to med heat, breaking into bite sized pieces as it cooks, until cooked through.
- Set aside, covered, and prepare the sauce.
- In medium saucepan, heat sauce over medium heat, stirring occasionally until it starts to boil. Remove from heat.
- Serve squash with 3-5oz of ground turkey and cover with 1/2c cooked sauce.
- Garnish with grated or shredded parmesan cheese and pepper.
NUTRITION FACTS PER SERVING:
Serving Size: 1c cooked spaghetti squash, 4oz 99% fat free ground turkey, 1/2c marinara, and 1T parmesan cheese
Calories: 235, Fat: 6g, Carb: 16g, Protein: 30g
Courtesy of Livestrong.com’s ‘MyPlate’
Did you like this recipe? Please tell me about it in the comments below, and as always, please share it with friends on social media!
There are varied remedies. Of course, one of the beautiful place where you can get medicaments is online pharmacy. At present there are other drugs to treat tourette syndrome, depressive disorder or bronchospasm. Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of your blood vessels. Many drugs are used to treat emasculation. What about cialis tadalafil buy online and sexual dysfunctions? Presently many patients search for the exact phrase ‘where can i buy cialis online‘ on the Internet. Like all other medicines, Cialis is classified according of it’s main ingredient. In these latter days for men of any age, it can be first sign for grave afflictions, so it’s essential for your overall soundness, not just your sex existence, to see a doctor if you experience erection dysfunction. Low wish isn’t the same as erectile malfunction, but a lot of the same points that stifle an hard-on can also dampen your interest in sex. So if you are experiencing sexual problems, it is significant to see a certified sex therapist forthwith for a complete medicinal examination. Note that your sex therapist has prescribed Cialis or any other curing because he has judged that the favor to you is biger than the risk of potentially serious side effects. If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to this generic, discuss with your physician.