Today, April 23rd, was the start of a month long challenge to go without any added sugar (natural or processed) inspired by The Gracious Pantry!
I just thought this was such a great idea! See the post that inspired me here!
So I’m re-posing the challenge, the Cause Fitness way, for the following reasons (some of which are the same reasons TGP started the challenge):
- Sugar is a poison (contributes to numerous diseases, premature aging, etc):
- In case you missed this, find more info here, in my post for Q&A Tuesday: Is Sugar Bad for Me?
- Sugar is sneaky (it’s in everything): Processed foods, flavored drinks, fruit, etc.
- Artificial sugars ‘reward’ your sweet craving the same way real sugars do too, but with engineered taste (chemicals).
No added sugar of any kind, or foods that contain any added sugars (natural or not) simple rules as follows (I modified some of the original rules to fit the Cause Fitness Nutrition 101 philosophies):
- ELIMINATE ALL ADDED SUGAR: This includes natural sugars (honey, molasses, maple syrup, agave, etc., in other words, anything sweet tasting that isn’t fruit). This also includes any and all artificial sweeteners. Note: There will be naturally occurring sugars in foods like milk and yogurt as well as in starchy carbs (yams, for example) and fruit. If you’re eating for optimal health, you’re already avoiding dairy, and fruit, while still sugar, is okay in small amounts (ideally, timed optimally first thing in the morning or immediately post workout when your body can use it most readily). That said, when you read a nutrition label, read list of ingredients rather than obsessing about the percentage of sugar or grams of sugar per serving.
- Take a quality Multivitamin/mineral daily. When you eliminate large portions of any habitual diet, nutrients lost becomes a concern. Granted, when removing sugar, it’s not that great a concern as there is very little nutrient value in sugar itself, or any processed/packaged food or drink that contains added sugar. But this is a necessary habit to keep (or start) regardless.
- Drink plenty of fresh water daily to flush toxins. Sugar is a toxin. Help detox your body by drinking a minimum of 8-12 glasses of water daily. I recommend ~3L or approximately 96 oz of water as a daily goal.
If you liked this post and would like more like it, please click the ‘like’ button and ‘share’ it on your social networks with all your friends!
In health, and God bless,
There are varied remedies. Of course, one of the beautiful place where you can get medicaments is online pharmacy. At present there are other drugs to treat tourette syndrome, depressive disorder or bronchospasm. Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of your blood vessels. Many drugs are used to treat impotence. What about cialis tadalafil buy online and sexual dysfunctions? Presently many patients search for the exact phrase ‘where can i buy cialis online‘ on the Internet. Like all other medicines, Cialis is classified according of it’s main component. In these latter days for men of any age, it can be first sign for grave afflictions, so it’s essential for your overall health, not just your sex existence, to see a physician if you experience erection disfunction. Low wish isn’t the same as erectile dysfunction, but a lot of the same points that stifle an erection can also dampen your interest in sex. So if you are experiencing sexual problems, it is significant to see a certified sex therapist forthwith for a complete medical examination. Note that your sex therapist has prescribed Cialis or any other medication because he has judged that the favor to you is biger than the risk of potentially serious side effects. If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to this generic, discuss with your physician.