You want to know some of the most common questions I get asked fitness and nutrition professional are?
- What is Cellulite? AND…how can I get rid of it?
Q: What is Cellulite?
Cellulite, commonly referred to as “orange peel skin” or “cottage cheese” (I think these healthy foods are getting the short end of the stick on the negative connotation here, don’t you?), is the dimpled look that occurs to your skin when the fat cells beneath your skin become enlarged. This is usually due to excess body fat, and minimal lean body mass subcutaneously (under your skin).
Some say that it may have something to do with certain tight clothing, or the amount of sugar your eat, or your lack of hydration…and research has deduced that it may be more or less prevalent per individual based on genetics and diet. None of those hypotheses, however, answer the real question of WHAT it is. Here’s the dictionary definition for you (via Merriam-Webster):
cel·lu·lite: noun \ˈsel-yə-ˌlīt, -ˌlēt\
: deposits of subcutaneous fat within fibrous connective tissue (as in the thighs, hips, and buttocks) that give a puckered and dimpled appearance to the skin surface
Q: Can I get rid of it? If so, how?
Good news and bad news…
Good news is, you can reduce it drastically, and most times, get rid of it!
Bad news is, this is where I tell you what you don’t want to hear. It takes ‘hard work, time, discipline and patience’ (Sound familiar? See earlier in this post) to reduce the appearance of cellulite, and it can easily come right back if you stop working hard at keeping it at bay.
Here’s what you’ll have to do, and it’s not a quick fix by any means, but it can and will get easier as you create lifestyle changes and form healthy habits of resistance training and clean, lean, nutrient rich eating…
- Start a (or switch up and challenge your) strength training program (with heavy weights) to help you build some lean body mass/muscle tissue under your skin.
- Keep your workouts intense!!!
- Start challenging your resistance training routine constantly, because your body will adapt quickly and soon become efficient at storing body fat (hello, cellulite) again.
- Massage and SMFR Foam Roll daily to improve muscular flexibility, function, and circulation, not to mention it helps prevent injury and lengthens your muscles so you can achieve better results faster!
- Eliminate processed and refined nutrition and carbohydrates from your diet, respectively.
- Chew your calories whenever possible, rather than drinking them. You’ll eliminate ‘hidden’ sugars, calories, and artificial sweeteners, etc. Added benefit: You’ll get a metabolism boost during digestion of whole foods you body has to break down to use!) Note: Even “healthy” options like coffee beverages, diet sodas, and even protein shakes can be full of artificial and added flavors, sugars, calories, etc.
- Hydrate daily (drink at least 3L of fresh water daily to encourage fat loss with normal healthy body functions).
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep a night so your body can regenerate, repair, and recover from your workouts and other daily stressors.
- And no, a cream won’t do the real work for you, but there are some that may help the appearance of dimpled or uneven skin a little faster. Check out Nerium Firm body cream. I stand behind the company for their attention to detail in science and research and their integrity. Read more here. And here.
Feel free to contact me personally with any questions you might have. It may be that I use your question for future Q&A post! Thanks!
Was this article helpful? If so, please share it using the social media buttons, and as always, I love hearing from you, so please leave comments below!
There are varied remedies. Of course, one of the beautiful place where you can get medicaments is online pharmacy. At present there are other drugs to treat tourette syndrome, depressive disorder or bronchospasm. Verapamil is a calcium channel blocker. This medicine works by relaxing the muscles of your blood vessels. Many drugs are used to treat impotence. What about cialis tadalafil buy online and sexual dysfunctions? Presently many patients search for the exact phrase ‘where can i buy cialis online‘ on the Internet. Like all other medicines, Cialis is classified according of it’s main ingredient. In these latter days for men of any age, it can be first sign for grave afflictions, so it’s essential for your overall health, not just your sex life, to see a doctor if you experience erection malfunction. Low desire isn’t the same as erectile dysfunction, but a lot of the same points that stifle an hard-on can also dampen your interest in sex. So if you are experiencing sexual problems, it is significant to see a certified sex therapist forthwith for a complete medical examination. Note that your sex therapist has prescribed Cialis or any other curing because he has judged that the favor to you is biger than the risk of potentially serious side effects. If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to this generic, discuss with your physician.